Review: Clear Day Double Shotgun Speaker cable

Category: Cables

Just wanted to offer my positive view on Clear Day speaker cables and a recommendation for Paul Laudati.

I found Paul's cables to a great match for my system running between a Parasound Halo and PSB Stratus Goldis and center channel speaker, which are not overly analytic sounding. The Clear Day double shotguns bring out a lot more detail across the music spectrum than I had heard before. The most impressive thing to me is how well I can hear the different timbers of different instruments across the sound stage and with some depth. These are just more noticeable than my prior cables making it more enjoyable if you really want to listen.

I do also hear faster pace and musicality and found myself smiling more when I had the Clear Days in my rig vs my prior copper hose type cables. They are a very good improvement to my system and help to extend the life out of my speakers.

I listen to mostly jazz and my son listens to some form of pop/rock (Fallout Boy, Imagine Dragon) that young teens are into

Paul let me demo both the single shotguns and double shotguns as well as a single cable for my center channel. Amazing that Paul is so trusting and high class that he allows a significant $$ value in inventory to sit at my house for a month without even a deposit!

I found the single and double shotguns very close in sound to each other but ended up with a custom order of the doubles given the longer length I need.

Paul is a first class guy and makes these cables by hand - yes a hand made product that sounds fantastic, is of a simple and high quality build, and offers very good value. The cables are also very easy to deal with and position. Paul's customer service level is the highest you can get IMO. Feel free to send any questions my way

Associated gear
- PSB Stratus Goldi Speakers & Stratus Center speaker
-Parasound Halo A-31 Three channel amp
- Oppo BDP 105
- Anthem AVM-20
- Morrow MA3 & MA4 interconnect
banks1419
Glad to read your comments about Paul and his cable. He's one of the good guys in audio. I too am using his double shotgun speaker cable.
These are pure silver true? Would you say as good as Siltech, Neotech, or Van Den Hul?
Dave_72, I have been using these cables for past many months and these continue to impress me. For some reason, more music seem to flow through them. Reach out to Paul and audition them in your system. You will only end up paying $8-$10 to return them back, if you do not like them. Paul does not even ask for credit card details when sending. He only asks your home address.
Not related to Paul in any way. Just a very satisfied customer. This is a great cable that folks should listen to, especially since the audition will take less than $10, and then decide if they want to spend more than what Paul is asking.
You may want to try making your own silver speaker wires. Very easy to make and beautiful SQ.