Anybody a high-end pen collector here?

Just wondering - the pen geek world seems rather small. :)
sfrye1
Not really a pen collector but possess some pens that are interesting in a historical sense.
I was given several Presidential bill signing pens including
a JFK bill signing pen, a couple LBJ bill signing pens & a Richard Nixon bill signing pen. Due to the way I received them I have no doubt regarding their authenticity. There is quite the cottage industry in fake JFK stuff. The pens are easy to fake because very similar pens were sold in the White House gift shop for some time. There is a slight difference in size between the ones used for signing & the ones sold from the gift shop.
Aren't the bill signing pens expensive pens? For some reason I think of them as being hi-end, but not sure which company is used. I assume the pen is made here in the US of A. If that is true, it would mean no Mount Blancs, which are what most people think of as a very good/exclusive pen.
Not a collector, but I do have a Waterman 12 that belonged to my grandmother which I had restored years ago. It looks beautiful and it works perfectly. She wrote amazing letters to friends and family regularly and having it on my desk make me very happy.
I bought a silver pen and pencil set in late 70's that had a cross hatch pattern I found very secure to grasp. It's remarkable how pens like than simply vanish. Have you had any fly away? As far as collectibilty I think great quality pens can be a very good investment. When i bought my silver ones-sorry can't remember name, just that they were very respectable, they were a couple of hundred dollars + ; but I felt they were worth it bought one and had it engraved for a dear friend; he still enjoys his nigh on 40 years (so they certainly make great presents!)