New York-UPSTATE

Somehow the messages for Upstate NY have been lost. The Audiogon Staff asked that I start it agian.

Here we go...If you have an interest, post a message and state where you are. If there is enough interest, maybe we can get something going at some point.

I am in the Syracuse area.
barrelchief
Greetings:

I'm in the Rochester, NY area and would like to see at least a discussion group. As Syracuse has Plainville Farms that would count as automatic inclusion as Buffallo would be.
As an offside I would love to see the definitions of "Upstate NY."
Hi i'm Tommy, just getting started. But i would love to hear what i'm missing. ( N. Syracuse )
Well, we have 6 people which seems like a perfect number to get started. What are we waiting for?
Well we are the Audio six which will change as members come and go.
As we enter this do we wish distinction between : tube vs SS, vintage vs new, modified vs non modifies, analog vs digital?
Those are not critical questions, but will help with a feeling of what we like.
Geographically, where would we like boudaries? (Personally, I'm happy with Plainville Farms for lunch or dinner in Depew. (Turkey lover)

again, all I post are my own opinions. So:
I like vintage tubve, but also some SS.
Some mods have been done but mainly to keep in spec.
I like the debates over analog vs digital.

My main theory is that there is no perfect system. We all have different hearing curves, we all have different budgets and musical tastes. So what I have is not what I would call perfection. If a system sounds good to a person, that is what counts and no pouncing on anyone for someting they own.
Win whl248
Hello, I'm in Tonawanda, just outside of Buffalo. I am a seasoned newbie, over a year into this, would not mind being a part of this discussion group, as long as we keep a lid on the Bills, at least for now.