New York-UPSTATE

Somehow the messages for Upstate NY have been lost. The Audiogon Staff asked that I start it agian.

Here we go...If you have an interest, post a message and state where you are. If there is enough interest, maybe we can get something going at some point.

I am in the Syracuse area.
barrelchief
Audio Classics in Vestel. The most Mcintosh gear you have ever seen in one bldg.
No offesnive to anyone, but it seems like we are having quite a bit of difficulty getting off the ground. Perhaps it would be easiest if we were to split into two groups - Syracuse (Onondaga County)and Western NY? I think that we would have a better chance of actually getting together if folks did not have to make plans to drive 1 hour or more for a meeting. A get-together would be be more accessible if folks only had to allot a couple hours of their time (drive to the meeting, meet and drive home,) then arrange their schedule to accomodate a half day event.

I live in Syracuse and I am pretty sure there are a couple of other audio nuts from this area who have posted here. Is there anyone from Syracuse/Onondaga County who would be willing to take the reigns and set up a time/location for a first meeting? I really don't have the time at the moment, but if there are no volunteers than I will do it. I suggest that we meeting during the next 2 weeks at a non-audio facility like a restaurant or pub etc. I propose a non-audio location because the only audio merchant in town is Clark's and I figure that meeting there would not be condusive to a good time :-)

If some/any of these ideas sound good to you, please respond to this forum. If you are from the Syracuse area and want to contact me directly about getting together, please feel free: pdelima@twcny.rr.com

Thanks,
Paul

Questions-du-jour:

1) Anyone still interested?
2) Anyone hear from Win?
3) Anyone contact pdl?
I am a 30 miles south of Syracuse. I would like to get together. I will even initiate the process if anyone wants to do this.
Scott