Jazz for aficionados

Jazz for aficionados

I'm going to review records in my collection, and you'll be able to decide if they're worthy of your collection. These records are what I consider "must haves" for any jazz aficionado, and would be found in their collections. I wont review any record that's not on CD, nor will I review any record if the CD is markedly inferior. Fortunately, I only found 1 case where the CD was markedly inferior to the record.

Our first album is "Moanin" by Art Blakey and The Jazz Messengers. We have Lee Morgan , trumpet; Benney Golson, tenor sax; Bobby Timmons, piano; Jymie merrit, bass; Art Blakey, drums.

The title tune "Moanin" is by Bobby Timmons, it conveys the emotion of the title like no other tune I've ever heard, even better than any words could ever convey. This music pictures a person whose down to his last nickel, and all he can do is "moan".

"Along Came Betty" is a tune by Benny Golson, it reminds me of a Betty I once knew. She was gorgeous with a jazzy personality, and she moved smooth and easy, just like this tune. Somebody find me a time machine! Maybe you knew a Betty.

While the rest of the music is just fine, those are my favorite tunes. Why don't you share your, "must have" jazz albums with us.

Enjoy the music.
orpheus10
You guys won't believe this, but when I saw the clips Acman posted, I said to my self, "I bet this draws the OP out from Hibernation".   Damned if it didn't.   I knows my OP. 

Cheers
Uh, wow!  There have been some very bizarre posts here today, to say the least.  Frogman has done a pretty good job rebutting Rok's oddball post of his five points - one out of five ain't bad, as he said.  Numbers 1 and 2 are both completely ridiculous.  

However, even more disconcerting was to read what O-10 suddenly posted,  saying "A top "jazz musician" is someone classical musicians like Learsfool don't believe exist."  WTF??!!  What on earth are  you referring to??  Certainly nothing I have ever said, on this board or elsewhere!!  I am not at all sure I know what your point is, but the main point to be made about what I think you are saying  about making music is that what you are saying is true of ALL musicians - no matter what genre or style they play.  (That's a horrible sentence, but no time to edit, I'm off to play a show)  And no one I know of has ever said it wasn't.  So I honestly don't understand what you are even talking about, O-10, and I am beginning to share in Frogman's despair about ever being understood here......please explain?  
Rok, this was to be a post before yours re O-10's return (I was not able to post it because I was somewhere without Internet connection):

"Rok, nicely done; it worked 😉"

Learsfool, Acman3 and the OP all out of hibernation on one day.   Must be Global warming.

Cheers