Classical Music Compositions from 1940 and later - Vinyl only

This is the theme for the next music listening gathering of our local group and I'm looking for suggestions. This is a vinyl only listening session, so new music available only on digital are excluded. Yes, I know that is limiting, but that's the way it is for this listening session. 

A few pieces I've been thinking to bring from my collection, just starting from the "As",  are:

Adams, John - Harmonium, for large orchestra and chorus - De Waart/San Francisco SO - ECM 25012
Alwyn - Str Qt 2 (1975) - Quartet of London - Chandos ABRD 1063
Alwyn - Symphony No. 2 - Alwyn/LPO - Lyrita SRCS 85
Arnold, Malcolm - Pf Trio, op54 - Nash Ensemble - Hyperion A66171
Arnold, Malcolm - Overture to Tam O'Shanter, Op51 - Eiji Oue/MinnO - Reference Recordings RM 2510
Bernstein - Serenade for Violin Solo, Strings and Perc - Bernstein/SymoftheAir, Isaac Stern, vn - Columbia

What music on LP would you recommend? 
128x128rushton
So much wonderful music. Too little can be covered in just several hours with friends, but I hope to expose them to composers who are not so familiar. Any particular favorite works from among the following?

Malcolm Berkeley (the son of Lennox Berkeley)
Attila Bozay
John Corigliano
George Crumb (Vox Balaenae, or Black Angels, or one of the Makrokosmos)
Mario Davidovsky
Jacob Druckman
Irving Fine
Alberto Ginastera
Andrew Imbrie
Joonas Kokkonen
György Ligeti
Frank Martin
Nicholas Maw
Andrzej Panufnik
George Perle
George Rochberg
Ned Rorem
William Schuman
Roger Sessions
Sir John Kenneth Tavener
Eduard Tubin
Charles Wuorinen
Ellen Taaffe Zwilich

kmccarty, + 1 for the Strauss Oboe Cnt., I was going to mention it but looked years for a vinyl recording and never found one .Seems to be none on Amazon either.

Rushton , a noble effort on your part to call attention to  those little played  fine composers !
Ned Rorem  in particular caught my eye , I believe he is perhaps the best  neglected American composer even among classical lovers. His songs are superb and his Violin Concerto is exquisite  . I think there was a vinyl of the later on Erato but seems unlikely you’d ever find one .
Schubert, I'll have to keep an eye out for Rorem's Violin Concerto - one never knows. I have his Eleven Studies for Eleven Players, String Symphony, Sunday Morning, and Symphony No. 3. I like them all and have always particularly enjoyed the Eleven Studies.

Kmccarty, also +1 for the Strauss Oboe Concerto. LP: Edo de Waart/NPO, Holliger -ob, Philips 6500 174

A few other American composers you could add to that list would be Roy Harris, Walter Piston, Carl Ruggles.  The quintessential American composer for me, however, is Charles Ives.  The Concord Sonata is 1939, if that is close enough.  If not, then how about his Fourth Symphony, which is a wonderful work?  

I would also heartily second Frogman's recommendation of Messaien.   The Quartet For The End Of Time is a good place to start with his music - there is a great deal of it, however.  You could probably find some solo piano things fairly easily on vinyl.  
oops - if we are talking American composers since 1940, Lou Harrison and Elliot Carter should not be left out - their works can be found on vinyl as well.