Primaluna - Rolling pre tubes question...

I'm new to rolling tubes, and have been using the stock 12AU7.
I've a PL Prologue premium integrated with 2 12AU7's per channel. I want to test a new pair(before investing in more), so wondering if front or rear position would best reveal the new tubes character?

Thanks,
Darren
128x128dmhenley
The 2 front tubes are all you need to replace. They have the most affect on the sound. 
If I can get away with only switching out 2 tubes (1 pair) then I can really splurge!  Just to be clear, this is for a preamp.  Thank you.
Oh my bad I overlooked the fact it was a preamp only. I've been so focused on my integrated so I am not sure. Have you Googled or searched Audiogon in the meantime? 
Kevin wrote, " First, in preamps all the small signal tubes have an equal effect on the sound and you can change out just one pair if you want" which confuses me.  If they have an equal effect, would you not have to change out all of them?
Maybe what he is saying if you change out 1 pair it changes the sound significantly to the characteristics of that tube and the rest doesn't have quite that much of an effect.  Make sense?