Classical Music Compositions from 1940 and later - Vinyl only

This is the theme for the next music listening gathering of our local group and I'm looking for suggestions. This is a vinyl only listening session, so new music available only on digital are excluded. Yes, I know that is limiting, but that's the way it is for this listening session. 

A few pieces I've been thinking to bring from my collection, just starting from the "As",  are:

Adams, John - Harmonium, for large orchestra and chorus - De Waart/San Francisco SO - ECM 25012
Alwyn - Str Qt 2 (1975) - Quartet of London - Chandos ABRD 1063
Alwyn - Symphony No. 2 - Alwyn/LPO - Lyrita SRCS 85
Arnold, Malcolm - Pf Trio, op54 - Nash Ensemble - Hyperion A66171
Arnold, Malcolm - Overture to Tam O'Shanter, Op51 - Eiji Oue/MinnO - Reference Recordings RM 2510
Bernstein - Serenade for Violin Solo, Strings and Perc - Bernstein/SymoftheAir, Isaac Stern, vn - Columbia

What music on LP would you recommend? 
128x128rushton
... you might want to consider Hyperion A66050, Roger Sessions’ "Concerto for Orchestra" + Andrzej Panufnik’s "Sinfonia Votiva" (Symphony No. 8)...
Hi almarg, thanks for the suggestion. I have this LP but haven't listened to it in years. I'll have to pull it out and listen to it again. I've long been a fan of Hyperion's recordings, particularly those engineered by Tony Faulkner.
If you like (mostly solo) guitar you may want to check out Cuban composer Leo Brouwer.  He covers a lot of musical ground over the span of his career.  There are some recordings of him playing his own pieces (before he had to quit playing).  Eduardo Fernandez, among others, does an excellent job of interpreting Brouwer's music.
Thank you, tostadosunidos. I have only one piece of music by Brouwer, his Homenaje a Falla, played by Alice Artz on a Hyperion LP. I'll pull this out to listen to again and I'll look forward to exploring more of his music.
Schubert, the Strauss Concerto for Oboe and Orchestra can be found on LP. The Karajan performance, coupled with Strauss’ Horn Concerto, is available on LP through eBay. I think the performances of both pieces are very fine.