Another Best sounding room

in Newport this time. Vandersteen again won the cost no object mention in Robert Harley's show break down. Heard it was a great show. Lot's of cool new gear. Congrats to all those who were mentioned.

Best Sound (Cost no object): As good as many systems sounded, my vote for Best of Show goes to the Optimal Enchantment room with Vandersteen Model 7 Mk.II speakers driven by Vandersteen’s radical new liquid-cooled M7-HPA amplifiers. Credit also goes to the Audio Research phonostage and preamp, Basis Inspiration turntable (with the Basis Super Arm), and AudioQuest cabling.
ctsooner
Melb, I too have liked those Avalon's.  Too bad that company is ruined.  I really hate it when a distributor or manufacturer is sold and ruined or just stops caring and their product and distribution suffers. That's sucks for all of us.  Sorry about the tinnitus.  I'm lucky that my MS hasn't affected my hearing nor eye sight like it has for many of my friends.  I pray it never gets there.
Cts, I agree Avalon’s product development and marketing just haven't kept pace with their competitors, which is a shame as they have always sounded natural and very coherent. No issue with the Tinnitus as my hearing is actually normal for my age and not deficient as such. So long as I keep stress at bay, I don’t really notice the tinnitus. However my ears are sensitive to shrillness or brittle sounding top end as I mentioned, so I seem to gravitate toward Vitus gear & Jorma wire. Best wishes for your health in this holiday season.
Randy at Optical Enchantment is one of the nicest dealers around. Unlike most dealers Randy really likes music. It is a pleasure going to The Newport Show and hearing the great music he plays. I wish more dealers in the LA area loved music and weren't so concerned about bashing other gear and trying to high pressure you into a sale. 

so very true...Randy has a great music collection at home. I bought his 5 a in Rosewood. He was running them with Quicksilver monos..he is a prince..
Analog guy..tons of records....

Funny as I don't know Randy, but have heard so much about him.  Can't wait to meet him when I get out to Cali next.