Are Revel and Paradigm Stuck?

My question is not pejorative. Actually, it may be complimentary.

Not sure how long the Revel Ultima Salon 2 or the Paradigm Signature 8 (v3) has been on the market. Maybe over 6 years??? But that is what begs the question.

About a year or so ago, I thought I read somewhere that Revel is working on a Salon 3, but I haven't heard or read much since. Similarly, the Paradigm S8 (versions 2 and 3) have been around for an even longer time, maybe since the mid-2000s.

So the question is ... how come? I would have thought Revel and Paradigm, like many high-end companies, would be rushing new models out every other year or so.

Looking forward to reading some insightful posts.

Cheers,

BIF
bifwynne
Post removed 

Biggarthomas ... thanks for your post.  Would you mind sharing comments about how the Paradigm S8s compare to the Salon 2s.  Were your previous S8s the v2 or v3?  

I've been giving some thought about swapping out my S8s (v3) for the Salons or Studios.  IMO, the S8s are amazing.  Frankly, I am dubious that one can really do all that much better, especially since the S8s have BE tweeters, ... just like the Salons. 

That said, I haven't done much speaker auditioning so I am sonically "blind" about speaker alternatives.  Btw, I've had Magico S5s on the mind, but I wonder out loud how they would compare to the Salons.

Thanks for any comments.  They will be very helpful.

Btw, my amp is an ARC Ref 150 SE, which pushes out 150 wpc.  Do you think that is enough juice?  I understand that the Salons sound best with a high current SS amp.  FWIW, the Ref 150 SE has a 1040 joule power supply.  So there's a lot of muscle  behind those tube watts.

BIF-

I rather enjoy the S8 as is. I would not change anything on this particular speaker. Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
Jafant, I PM'd Biggarthomas with the message above.  I'd be interested in his comments since he's been there and done it with both speakers.
Hi Timpani. I noticed you have the 800 diamonds. How do you like them? I have the Renaissance 90s as well as the 804 diamonds. Do you still have the infinitys?