Speaker help under $2,500

Hi,  
I am looking for a set of speaker suggestion around $2,500.  I like to listen to vocal like Spanish Harlem.  Other electronic gears will purchase later but differentially will do tubes.

Best Regards,
Eddy  
eddy1
ctsooner,  

It was my mistake I told my wife that I really want Sonus Faber Venere 2.5 before I posted the question here and did not talk to her regarding speaker after that.  So I was looking to get a used Vandersteens 3 and told my wife about it and she told me that my brand new Verene 2.5 is at her work and it will be my Christmas present.  I don't know what to tell her.  I really want used Vandersteens 3 now.  So I guess I will stuck with it for awhile and sure will try to get it of it soon and then will get Vandersteens for sure.  Very sad for Christmas present this year that I DON'T want it...what can I do... Just have to pretend that I like it.  :(   

By the way, Thank you so much for all inputs here.  Specially Big Thank you to Spence (sbank) for all the help and educated me.  Merry Christmas everyone.

I do not think the speakers your wife bought you is anything to be sad about.  I am sure you will like them and that they will sound great.  Most audiophiles/music lovers should be so lucky.  You can always grab a pair of Vandersteen 3A sig 1 or 2 here for the cheap.  I saw a pair under a couple of grand a few weeks ago. 

My advice is the live with the speakers for a while, at least 6 months to get a feel as to their true sound and then go from there.  However, if you listen to the speakers with the attitude you are heartbroken about not getting the Vandersteens, then you will not like them.  Keep an open mind.

Excuse me while I go check my record collection. I think Johnny may have walked off with it. *lol*