Recommendations please for good, affordable pre-amp for system?

Hi All, 

I'm configuring my first system, and have so far acquired the speakers (Thiel 3.6) and amp (Bryston 4B SST). I believe I need a preamp to complete this (and I believe only a preamp, right?). And I'm hoping you can give me some leads, information, and recommendations.  It's a 2-channel setup, and while it would be nice to add some HT capability in the future, I'm seeking as pure a sound as possible.

Some things I've looked at are Theta Casablanca, Bryston 0.5B, and perhaps for future upgrades, model Rotel RSP-1582 and Marantz AVR8802 -- although I'm concerned that those latter two, while brining nice features, will work to molest the signal.

Prime listening will be CD, with some lossless Network-attached storage, and Airplay with Tidal or otherwise Internet radio.

Thanks for your recommendations!
donzi
Topten, what is the difference between active and passive? And can tube be used with a SS amp? What would be the info, or link for this one? 

I can’t at the moment think of a $500 preamp that I would pair with the Bryston amp to drive the 3.6s.  Many audiophiles think the preamp to be the heart of a system, having greater influence on the sound of a system than the amplifier. 

You have purchased 2 fine components to a great system. You will need a preamp and source component to compliment for best results.
SS amp does not require a SS preamp. In fact many folks like to couple a tube preamp with a SS amp. You just have mind the impedance mismatches. It would appear that you would be fine with a preamp with an output impedance under 1K.

That said, looking for a >$500 preamp to mate with that much more expensive amp would seem a bit strange to me. I think your only option would be to go with some passive attenuators.

Other options would include, look for a digital source with volume control to replace your current one, or look for a integrated amp to replace your Bryston amp.

I do agree with mesch, I find the preamp the heart of the system. For me, finding the right preamp can be more difficult than finding the right speakers.
Since you are on a tight budget and looking at Parasound,you should take a look at this one. It has all the features you need!   http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PAZPRE2