Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Matt, your homeboy needs to post a system thread with all his new toys (Trenner Isis, Berkley dac, etc, etc)....

Matt - I can see how everyone can have different experiences with the Antipodes server. The earlier ones did not have the really good linear power supply. Also, if they are not driving USB out to a low-jitter USB interface, this can make a big difference. That is aside from the systems that they were used in, which probably had lots of ground-loops and substandard active preamps etc... Lots to go wrong there, and usually does at these shows. Many times the room cost is shared and it ends up a mish mosh of different hardware and cables that adds up to crap sound. Very few exhibitors are even capable of achieving a great sound at a show, even on the third day when everything should be broken in.

The point is that if it sounds crappy at a show, it may be due to other system things.  On the other hand if it sounds great at a show, it will probably perform well at home.  Then you have to root out the real weaknesses in your system.

Matt - have you thought about breaking all of the ground-loops in your system?  This is the next major step IMO.  I have zero ground-loops in my system and it is dead quiet and spooky clear.

Steve N.

Steve
How did you go about finding and then making sure the ground loops in your system are gone?

Steve. I wired my room myself. Each outlet has an exactly identical length of cable running from the outlet to the circuit panel. I hear nothing but silence with my stereo on, decent volume and source on pause. 

However, I would love to hear your grounding solution. I'm always open to new ideas. 
I too would love to hear about it.  I don't know what I can do IRT internal wiring in the house, but I love learning about this stuff. I think that the Synergistic Powercell I use deals with potential ground problems.  Not totally sure about that.  I seem to have dead silence in my system and I've never had a hum problem ever.  I always felt fortunate.  I think the new Audioqest Niagara 7000 power deal (not a conditioner) deals with grounding also.  Seems like this is the next horizon, which is strange as we've had this problem from day one and known all about it.  Sorry, this thread just made me think about this and why it's not spoken about more often.  Seems like it shouldn't have to be that difficult a deal, but maybe it is.