Recording Quality and Different Studios

Hi Everyone,

Are there any artists / studios that you gravitate to because of recording quality standards?  I hear alot of discussion on certain pressings for a particular artist (i.e. needle in a haystack), but I'm wondering if there is a label out there that focus on putting out good quality high fidelity vinyl.  I want to avoid some of the hipster pressings (i.e. only pressed on vinyl to jump on the train), and focus on better quality.  Thoughts?
128x128martinman
gpgr4blu -- I will never order anything from Music Direct again.  Based on my experience with their customer service.  I ordered $50 worth of vinyl not a $5k amplifier.  Ridiculous.  You're exactly right about the packaging.  In total, my package was bounced around for 3 weeks in the back of a USPS truck.  It clearly wasn't prepared for the journey adequately.  
If I buy vinyl mail order I will only deal with Acoustic Sounds. They pack the best and When I had a problem they took care of it promptly. I have been hearing a lot of negative things about Music Direct lately. In the past they were always good. I don't know what happened with them.
I prefer to buy LPs in a store locally. But then I live in the desert, and for much of the year the temperature inside a delivery truck out here is insane. Luckily there are stores not too far away that actually stock and sell LPs. When I do have to go mail order, I call and have the package held at the local distribution center, and pick it up there.