Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa

knghifi:

I had a current mark ll and it only took 10 days from receipt at the factory to get it back here in Ne. I will experiment with the beeswax fuse and report making sure it has adequate break in which I heard was long.....30 days. At first I hear it sounds Ok but shines after 30 days.

gwalt

Two SR BLACK fuses are in the mail and will go into the CD player. They should be here tomorrow (Thursday), or Friday. Stay tuned ...
Two SR BLACK fuses are in the mail and will go into the CD player. They should be here tomorrow (Thursday), or Friday. Stay tuned ...
Frank, are you using audiophile grade outlets?   If not, that should be your next upgrade IMHO.

Kevin said they would be fairly busy until March. If I sent my Sigma the first week of March it would be less than two weeks turn around.
The sound is still improving in  my system.  I'm not sure if it is the continued break in  of the SR Reds or the Afterburner 8 outlet (which has 160 hours via the Audioharma cooker). Overall effect is increased purity, resolution and just a very beautiful organic character. 

I'm listening to two very familiar and loved recordings "Bluesey  Burrell" and "The Hawks Relaxes". Both feature Kenny Burrell and Coleman Hawkins in a quintet setting, just wonderful. The instrument tone and body are  so right. Burrell's guitar chords are just gorgeous and harmonically rich and fully saturated as they sound live. If the  Black fuses manage to take this further,  oh my! Oregonpapa I'm very grateful for you originating this thread,  these fuses are something quite special. 
Charles,