DIY AC Cable advice

I would like to make some power cords for a DAC and CD Player/ Transport. I currently use Elrod signature cables and was curious if there was a DIY cable that has an Elrod type of sound? Budget would be in the $500.00 price range.

Thanks,
Scott
andirocks
Thanks williewonka, appreciated. Will definitely try this soon. I bought Sonar Quest rhodium plated so far, was curious to try them Have you try those?

Dvavc - Based on cunductivity, silver being the best, I did not bother trying anything else.

Other metals may be harder and more durable, but I consider conductivity to be the most important asset of any metal used in audio applications.

Having removed the plugs from the outlet several times since they were installed, I was pleasantly surprised to find the silver plating had not worn through to the copper, so it must be quite thick, which is good  and considering skin effect, could mean the bulk of current transfer is via the silver plating.

Another factor is that when using some other metals as a plating finish requires a third metal to be used as a base on the copper before the final finish. The combination of three metals with differing conductivity introduces yet more barriers to the flow of current.

So I stuck with the simplest approach - silver on copper 👍

Regards
Williwonka- Great information and very timely for me. 

I have two questions, if you will. 

1. What stud size on the spades?
2. Do you have additional sourcing information? I can only find tin plated or really expensive spades, e.g. Cardas. 

Thank you. 
1. They would be #8 or #10 - 10 gauge spades
2. There are a number of electronics retailers online - like this one

https://www.grainger.com/product/3M-12-to-10-AWG-Standard-Fork-WP5825290/_/N-qe7?EndecaKeyword=spade...

I have not tried this company because I have a local supply company

The plating is immaterial since the crimping and the clamping plates in the connectors punch right through the very thin plating layer

Any more questions - ask away :-)