VPI or Pro-ject

Hi
I'm looking at getting a new turntable and considering either a Pro-ject or VPI.
I had a Rega P3 and just sold it.

I'm looking at possibly the VPI Prime or Pro-ject Extension 10.
I use a Devialet 200 for the rest of the duties.

I'm no expert in turntables so I'm seeking advice. I'm open to other models in either of these two brands but those examples are about how much I want to spend.

Advice please, thanks, Bill
mr_bill
I just put an order in for the new ProJect RPM 10 Carbon at $3500.00  My old 10.1 IMO beat the current VPI Prime sound wise. Please folks, this is just my opinion. I just don't care for the sound of VPI.
exron, your opinion is as valid as it needs to be for your listening tastes and your system. It would be interesting to understand what you prefer in the Pro-ject over the VPI.
I have the Project Extension 12 with The Sumiko Celebration 2 Cartridge. It sounds great and have had no issues over the 2 years that I have owned it.
Extension puts you into the 5k area.....still VERY nice. and a rare extended version of the EVO 12inch arm is standard......LOVE the classy finishes on both the extension 10 and 12. If you go for these...the 'superpack' with the Celebration II cartridge is a good value too.