I have seen some Interesting comments about Mcintosh lately

These comments come from here and a couple of other sites.

1.The only people that buy Mcintosh gear are one's that just don't listen.
2. Mcintosh is what rich people buy just like Mercedes Benz.
3. Mcintosh relies on generational buyers as a business plan.
4. Mcintosh is known for rebranding products and putting there name on it.
5. Mcintosh has great looks but uses cheap off the bin parts.

I can't think of another high-end company that have so many stereotypes about the brand. On the other hand I can't think of another audio company that has been in business as long.

taters
Post removed 

Yes, Taters, you are the Thread King around here, for sure.

All these comments are hogwash, of course. If only the rich bought Mac, they'd be out of business by now! If their parts were so cheap, why do they last so long? They certainly do hold their value. One thing I will agree on, however, is that pricing in the last few years has gotten outrageous. If you are retired and on a smaller income, good luck. I love Mac gear, have owned it since 1978 (although my gear is much newer now) but I can only buy it used. But you're right, they have survived a whole lot of other brands and it appears they will be around for a whole lot longer. I don't stay awake all night thinking about it, however!!!!!!!!!

Nobody said ONLY the rich buy MAC and since it was sold the FACT is it did go out of business in the manner original company did same .
I sense ebm is jealous of tater's abundance of posts recently ? Using sarcasm as a defense mechanism ?