Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
unsound + oblgny,
yes- Threshold and Parasound HCA series power amps still hold up well when matched to a Pass Labs XP-10 / XP-20 preamp!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant,

Benchmark Dac, custom built tube pre-amp and also a CJ Premier 16LS2 pre-amp.   Also Eico-HF81 integrated.  I like tubes :-)

Cabling...I'm not a "cables" guy (I've had access to as wide a range of cables as you can imagine, due to contacts in the industry, and have found my money better spent elsewhere).  I'm using Beldon 10 AWG
speaker cable.  (My friend often thinks my system sounds better than his, even when he has $18,000 speaker cables in his system).
I guess that is another reason Jim Thiel's products appeal to me - more of a no-nonsense engineering approach vs the more fringy part of audiophiledom.

Right On! prof-

the ole "cable" debate is a good one.  System synergy is what really counts, sometimes cabling plays (no pun) a pivotal tole, sometimes not.
An open mind is necessary.  Happy Listening!
robinbarbour....
Thanks for the tip!  Believe it or not the pair I picked up in November from a fellow member for $350 ( !!! ) is in better shape.  They're close enough to my office in NJ to inspect if the seller will allow that.  I'd like to get a better visual on the midranges as these seem to be the most subjected to abuse.

My rule with eBay sellers is to immediately check out their "other items",  if they're also selling ceramic teapots,  extension cords, or clothing I run for the hills straight away.

Right now I am checking out my new Primare A32.4 amplifier that I just picked up a few hours ago.  Immediate impression?  Well mated to my Thiels.  Test recording:  "Cyril Davies" off "Why?",  Ginger Baker.   I just ran a couple of hours of Lyle Lovett through it as well.  I'm liking what I'm hearing!