Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Wig,

I see you were a proponent of Audio Horizons fuses but are planning to try SR-Black fuses. I too am using AH fuses in both my amp and dac and very pleased over the stock fuses. My system is dramatically better in every aspect. I'm very curious of your opinion comparing these newer fuses since you preferred the AH fuses over the SR-Reds.

Of course everything can be improved.  Cryogenically treated fuses are a step in the right direction as is the use of a contact enhancer on the end caps, e.g., Quicksilver Gold, which unfortunately is out of production.  Exposure of the fuse to magnetic fields can be limited by the prudent use of mu metal around Mr. Fuse. Not to mention replacing the fuse holder with something along the lines of Acme's Silver Plated Fuse Holder.

I had a pleasant listening session at Frank's place over the weekend. I have heard his rig before installing the SR fuses, and I must concur with Frank's assessment of their improved impact on his sound. His sound stage and depth was fabulous before, now it fills the room with sonic bliss of open highs, deep bass, and clear but not etched resolution. Overall, a nice improvement...perhaps I would not claim it to be a component level upgrade, but it does make for significant improvement to make it worth the cost of time and money to utilize. I placed my order for 3 SR blacks for my DAC and pre afterwards. More on my experience once they are installed and broken in.
Thanks Frank for your outstanding hospitality, and introducing me to your amazing music collection.
Enjoy,
Bob
^^^ Hey thanks Bob. I enjoyed the listening session and your company as well. By the way, the Scotch was awesome!  Nothing like wonderful tasting rocket fuel to accompany the music.

I'm looking forward to hearing your system again once your new fuses are broken in. It was fantastic before ... like Venture speakers aren't totally amazing already!  

Take care ...
Mribob, 

I'm using SR RED in my H30 and it's a nice improvement over stock.  Improvement not as dramatic as in ARC but still an improvement.  I installed the fuse direction rear to front.   

I think you need to add one more SR BLACK to your order.  :-)