preventing usb bus overload.

I read that if the music on my external hard drive connects to my PC by usb (which it does) instead of by firewire, then I should not connect my PC to my DAC by usb because it could overload the usb bus and cause some kind of issue. What's my solution here? (a newer PC with optical s/pdif or coax output?)
Can somebody explain in laymen terms? I'm new and "trying to learn cuz I listen". Thanks!
128x128labguy
Zd452
Thanks for the information,I was actually thinking about buying an OWC external hard drive case,just the other day.
They only cost 77 dollars but then a 4 TB drive is another 170 at least maybe more and I still need to perform the installation. I might just buy an OWC external drive, Firewire800, prebuild, they seem to offer great price comparison to other brands .
I love the Lacie or G-Technology but they never go on sale,damn it.
George
Have a look at this website. They offer many different solutions.

http://www.icydock.com/index.php
USB is like a hose - all the water coming out takes from somewhere else. Why not try a NAS drive and connect by ethernet? I have a drobo, 4 terabytes, maybe $450?
Cerrot
Are you suggesting to connect a NAS with Ethernet cable to the macmini. I thought a NAS drive connects wireless, and to be honest I don't like WiFi all that much.
Thought?
George
"04-04-15: Yioryos
Cerrot
Are you suggesting to connect a NAS with Ethernet cable to the macmini. I thought a NAS drive connects wireless, and to be honest I don't like WiFi all that much.
Thought?
George"

You can do it either way. The hard drives need to be connected to the network. It doesn't really matter if its a wireless connection, or not. You're probably thinking of a cloud type setup.