Vintage DD turntables. Are we living dangerously?

I have just acquired a 32 year old JVC/Victor TT-101 DD turntable after having its lesser brother, the TT-81 for the last year.
TT-101
This is one of the great DD designs made at a time when the giant Japanese electronics companies like Technics, Denon, JVC/Victor and Pioneer could pour millions of dollars into 'flagship' models to 'enhance' their lower range models which often sold in the millions.
Because of their complexity however.......if they malfunction.....parts are 'unobtanium'....and they often cannot be repaired.
128x128halcro
Hiho or anyone else that knows, are there any issues with the F6 I should be acquainted with?

Living dangerously is expecting A'gon dispute system to help you get your grand back after some hustler has advertised one thing and sent you another . Process only gives the hustler the chance to say too bad sucker,
Too many sharks on here, I've bought my last thing on here.
 Post will be deleted in 5 minutes .
Halcro, I am using a Signet TK5Ea. Stylus is on its last leg and gotta find a suitable substitute. Any option if I can't find or afford an original, perhaps certain Audio Technical model replacements?

Rwwear: The only F6 I had was switching between speeds with two big buttons. One speed button can get stuck and I have to press other other speed button forcefully to "pop" it back to the desired speed. Another F6 I owned had the strobe light bulb went off but the indicator needle still works. Other than that, it works smoothly. I'm spoiled by the automatic features, I have to admit. I'm getting lazy these days...

Hiho,
The Signet TK5Ea is a sweet cartridge but there is an even better stylus for it than the original....
The AT 155Lc is a nude Line Contact, pressure-fitted on a beryllium cantilever and transforms the TK5Ea into a real 'Player'....😎
Unfortunately, they stopped making the 155Lc stylus and finding one takes patience.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/691757/audio-technica-at-155lc-cartridge-stylus-has-no-more-than-50-hours-s...
Best bet is to look for a complete AT-155Lc cartridge with low hours and 'grab' it.
This one looks to tick all the boxes.
Good luck...