Spotify or Pandora

A relative pointed out two music download websites: Spotify and Pandora. I don't know anything about music downloads. But I was hoping to stream hi-rez original artist oldies. I tried one selection on Spotify and it sounded like MP3 quality and didn't seem like original artists were singing.

Please advise. I would love to stream in hi-rez oldies from the 50s and 60s, but don't know if Spotify or Pandora are good sources.

Thanks
bifwynne
Bif,

Neither are hi-rez. Spotify is 320K Ogg-Vorbis and Pandora is 192K if you pay for premium, 128K if you don't. I find Spotify just fine for exploring new music but I can tell the difference on well-recorded selections that I am familiar with. I wouldn't decide based on one selection though. Find something that YOU know and is well-recorded and try that.

Tidal supposedly streams in CD-quality but, with the recent controversy after Jay Z bought them out, I'm waiting to see how it all shakes out.

Dick
Sound quality on Tidal is much better than Spotify or Pandora. Tidal offers 1411 bps for $20/month and lesser quality for less money. I read they are working with Meridian to offer HiRez later this year...
I second Tidal I had Spotify and was unhappy with the sound quality, Tidal made a night and day difference. Pandora I just use occasionally for background music not serious listening.
Thanks guys. So what's the best way to stream it from WIFI into my system? I have a PC and also my DEQX PreMATE has a DAC function.

JL35 .. what is the significance of 1411 bps?? Does it relate to CD resolution, e.g., 16 bit/44.1 kHZ?
supposedly 1411 is what redbook CD is, contrasted to the 320 and 192 of
Spotify and Pandora. Though I also enjoy both of those, I much prefer Tidal
on main system.