Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
electroslaker ...

What a wonderful review. You have pretty much said it best so far. I don't know if you have any small group classical music. If you do, and you have a really good recording where a cello is involved, you want to be sure to give it a listen. What you heard with the sound of the piano, not the notes, but the actual organic sound of the piano like the wood, the creaks and the pianist working the pedals, really comes through on cello. The cello parallels the human voice more than most instruments, being in the lower mid-range and all, the cello on my recordings is just somehow "right;" more emotional, visceral and organic. Simply beautiful. 

Uhh ... is there some type of game on today. I think I heard something about a football game. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to miss it. The cellos are calling ... the cellos are calling .... SAVE ME!!!!
Fran6,
Yeah,Panthers vs the Broncos, has the  potential to be a compelling game  with two top level defensive units. We've soon see. 

Electroslaker, 
Very nice detailed post. You take a back seat to no one. 
That's far more detail than I have ever provided. I tend to summarize and write the gist of what I hear. I'm glad that the fuses worked out so well in your system. 
Charles, 
lak:
I have changed out the rail fuse on the Marantz SACD player that only sends power to the unit's transport and laser. No other changes. Big improvement in sound! This fuse location is important.

Oregonpapa:

The wall outlet upgrade is going to make a significant difference in sound. If you have more than one outlet on your audio circuit,  each one upgraded will make a difference. They need 7 to 14 days to break in. At first you will hear a "louder" more forward sound. It may sound "out of Focus" several hours later. 24 hours latter somewhat better, and then when you are tired of wondering if they are that helpful they suddenly open up like the fuses do.

Cellos also sound Great with the Black fuses in my system.

I hope you will listen to Zuill Bailey's newest release of cello and guitar music."Arpeggione" by Zuill Bailey and David Leisner. Azica label. It will be released on Amazon at the end of the month. Zuill's 1693 cello has the best tone out there. You will hear the rosin flying off the strings!

David Pritchard

David,

Looking forward to purchasing the CD you mentioned; cello and acoustic guitar are my favorite...

Hi LAK

The first fuse I replaced was in my Theta pearl. That was what Synergistic Research recommended. It made an easily noticeable improvement.