Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Recently replaced my former ModWright SWL 9.0 SE with the LS 36.5. The difference between the two units is night and day. The LS 36.5 is far better. Per Dans suggestion added a WyWyres Silver Juice II PC and a set of Daedalus DiDs. Both remarkable products and even pushes the LS 36.5 into another league.

Replaced all stock tubes with a NOS Mullard GZ34 and Cryoset Certified EH 6H30Pi. I did the tube replacement at different times and both upgrades made a noticeable improvement. After the tube change added Herbie Tube Dampers on all tubes. Again, improvements.

Lastly I just installed the controversial Synergistic Research Black Fuse. Everyone says give them time to burn in and you need to flip them to make sure they're in the right direction. Well I don't know about how much time is needed before they start sounding their best or if I just got lucky on the direction I put them in but "I'm Sold."

Definitely praise to all the tweaks I've done on my LS 36.5. Anyone who has a ModWright LS 36.5 owes it to themselves to try any or all of the tweaks I've done on this pre. It's a great Preamp and hats off to Dan. Job well done.

Yes, I'll be ordering more of the fuses for my other equipment and a couple more sets of the Daedalus DID's.
Charles1dad, eventually we replace every fuse so does it really matters where one starts? :-) Bottom line is, Just Do It!
Knghifi,
I agree with that, I was just responding to Mapnan's specific inquiry.  But yes,for the  low cost of entry, just buy the fuse and listen.😊
Charles, 
Charles1dad, 
I've been rolling after market fuses for YEARS, when HiFi-Tuning Gold was only game in town.   So I'm going to replace all 5 SR REDs with BLACKs at the same time.   Only amateurs replace one at a time.  LOL!