Harbeth P3ESR or Monitor 30?

I’m leaning strongly towards a (used) Harbeth upgrade, and was focussed on the P3ESR until I noticed a pair of Monitor 30s available for around the same price.

My room is far from ideal. Hard floors, about 15'x18', with a further, narrower extension on one side of the longer dimension, and a small window bay on the other. The speakers are set up on one side of the 15' space, and I sit on the other.

I have done some searching and read a few opinions, but if anyone has experience with both, or any thoughtful opinion, I’d welcome your thoughts.

Cheers,

Tony
whipsaw
I have owned the compact 7 which is a ported type like the 30. I also have the P3ESR's.
My room size is 20'x15'.
The P3's with its smaller size and sealed woofer just blew the larger 7's away.
I can't comment on the 30's but I presume they are close to the 7's.
I have owned many of these type of speakers and think the P3ESR is the best of the lot!
Thanks very much, yogiboy, that is quite helpful!

I have been leaning in that direction all along, especially since heavy bass is of little importance to me, and the reviews of the P3ESR are almost uniformly very positive.

What are you driving yours with, assuming that you still own them?
Agree with Yogiboy on this one .  Having owned both the P3s and the C7s, I found the P3s to be clearer and more open sounding.  The C7s, were a bit muddier though the midrange due to the port and the box resonance.   Both are beautiful speakers, but the P3 is a startlingly good monitor.  And the bass was more than enough in my 12x15 room.  Can't imagine you'd be disappointed in any way by going with the P3s.