Spotify Premium vs Tidal ... opinions?

50's,60,s be-bop jazz, movie themes, vocals, old rock (Cream, Doors, King Crimson)...(newer rock AC DC, Led Zeppelin)

amps... Quicksilver 90 Watt Silver monos, Quicksilver LS preamp

speakers... Fritz prototype stand mounts, ScanSpeak 5" Illuminator mid/bass & ScanSpeak 9700 tweeters, Skylan stands... 12x15 room

dac... Musical Fidelity M1 A

Thanks
zoot45
I never thought I'd be willing to pay $20 for a streaming service. Now, I never have a listening session that doesn't include at least one track from Tidal. It's great.
Sorry in advance for my elementary question;

To what device do you stream to to get the best sound quality? 

Also, I have a Macbook and an Apple TV.  I want to replace the Apple TV with something better. 

Thanks in advance,

Bob
Bob - Streaming from computer to a DAC external to the computer will give you better sound quality than trying to use the computer's DAC and running from the headphone jack into your 2 channel system.  The quality of that outboard DAC will definitely influence final sound quality.  You can spend thousands on an external DAC...but there are some very good options for under $1000.  Many newer integrated amps and even CDPs are being offered that have high quality internal DACs, so that's another wrinkle to consider.

Personally, I listen to on-line music...e.g., Spotify, Tidal, Pandora, YouTube via a MacBook Air that's connected by a Pangea USB cable to a Musical Fidelity V-Link 192 USB/SPDIF converter and from that to a Schiit Gungnir DAC via Stereovox digital coax cable.  I connect the Gungnir DAC using Morrow Audio interconnects (MA-3?  MA-4? don't remember) to my pre-amp or to an integrated amp.  

More and more DACs can accommodate a USB input directly.  If such is the case, a USB/SPDIF converter might not be essential or provide any benefit depending on how the DAC is designed.  Hope this helps.  
You really want to keep away from USB.  Pono is great but it is not a streaming service.  It is a digital walkman.  You need to store music on it, it cant stream - but its sound is SOTA.  I love mine.