fuse damage

Maybe a little noobish question but can "audiophile" fuses (of the same values as a stock) damage the amp or any other device? Would like to know did some one had a first hand experience. I had a chat with The Gryphon Audio and they told me that i can experiment with different fuses but if it somehow damages the amp they dont cover warranty ofcourse...fuses do blow but did someone had thatlike misfortune. I would like to experiment but i dont want to damage the amp in any scenario. Thanx
128x128raindog031
Haven't seen one story here of a failed fuse toasting gear in the four and a half years I've been around.
raindog031:

I am glad you contacted the manufacturer and got their advice. Gryphon makes wonderful equipment. I am not aware of anyone having an audiophile fuse damage any equipment. In fact just the opposite has been reported- An audio grade fuse blowing in a circuit that on replacing the fuse the equipment worked normally. This seems to happen most often when changing out fuses in already warmed up equipment. I have had this happen when rapidly comparing two types of fuses in a warmed up CD player. I am not aware of an audio grade fuse failing to blow when it should.

I am a big believer in the sonic benefits of upgrading a stock fuse to an audio grade fuse. I have used Isoclean, Furotech, and Synergistic Research. I am the most happy with the Synergistic Research fuses. I find their sonic changes to be the best and they offer a 30 trial with full refund. 

I think it is an educational and worthwhile audio experiment.

David Pritchard
Roger Modjeski of Music Reference and RAM Labs received one of his excellent RM-9 Mk.II amplifiers for repair. The owner had installed in it eight Tuning Fuses, and they had failed to perform the main task of a fuse, resulting in damage to the amplifier. Roger inspected the fuse, and to his utter amazement discovered that it does not possess "high-breaking" construction, absolutely essential in a fuse installed in a power amplifier. In his contact with a Tuning Fuse principle, Roger became aware of the fact that the man was unfamiliar with the concept of the high-breaking characteristic of fuse design and construction. Read Roger's discussion of the fuses in the Audiocircle Music Reference Forum, in the "Tuning Fuses" thread, and install a Tuning Fuse in an amp at your own risk!  
Yes...not very encouraging to hear that...but thats the aspect i was interesed to...just from the technical point of view...every fuse will give this or that  sound signature (as any component change inside amp) but does every manufacturer do his job by the standard...according to bdp24 post obviously not...thanx you guys on your responses...im sure there will be more "victims"...actually "tuning fuses" where on my list to tryout so this info is very valuable to me and im sure to a lots of folks...i hope that Red Synergistic Fuse, Audio magic beeswax super fuse and Furutech fuse dont make trouble cuz there on my shortlist too...