$800 to spend on speakers, $1500 on whole system

I am new to community and am seeking advice on my first good sound system. I am looking to spend $500-800 on a used set of two speakers for my living room, which is not very large. I cannot decide between bookshelf speakers or a floor speaker. I will be listening mostly to digital music, and I could use recommendations on a DAC and receiver. I would like the receiver to be bluetooth if high quality receivers come with this feature, but that's not a deal breaker for me.

My Ideal system would have two speakers at $500-800 and with receiver, DAC, cables, and anything else I would need totaling around $1200, but $1500 maximum. I figured I would start with speakers and go from there.

I like to listen to most music, except rap. Heavy metal, funk, jazz. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks

pawadalla
The GoldenEar speakers do interest me. I know of a local dealer where I can test them at the least, and I plan to. 

I also see a couple pairs of Vienna Acoustics Haydn speakers here on audiogon for sale. Does anyone have experience with those? 
I loved the bach Grand but was disappointed in the Haydn Grand, they were bland to me. A great deal is a pair of Quad 21L that was just posted. The Haydn Grand seems to sell for very little less than the Bach Grand
fortunately/unfortunately there are dozens of very good speakers in your price range...

The difference in sound qualities of an 1800 system and a 1500 one is probably not worth the 300 though.