B&K ST-140 vs ex-442 sound charactor

I currently have an st-140 (105 watt version) driving my Zu Omen Defs. I love the Tube like warmth and mellow presentation. I'm going to have the caps replaced. However, I have a chance on a one owner ex-442. Basically the same chasis and footprint as the 140, just with 200 watts ch. I really do not need extra power since the Omen Defs are extremely efficient. However, I was possibly thinking of purchasing the ex-442 and have Caps replaced and then just place it in my system since the amp has been pretty much papered by the one owner. I purchased my 140 used and not sure how many hands it has been in and it's a little "nicked" up. Just curious if there are any sound character differences between the two models?
aberyclark
The same person also has a CJ Mf-80 that he will sell me ($700) in perfect working order. Would that be a better buy than the ex442 for $300 for the long term?
I've had the B&K ST 140, the B&K M200's and the c-j MF 80 (amongst others) in my system. It really depends on your speakers, room, preferences, etc. BTW, $700 for the MF 80 is no bargain.
I've come to learn after research that $770 is a bit much. I have found them for less than $500 online
If you are happy with your B&K ST-140, stay with B&K. DO you have an estimated cost to have the caps replaced in these units? 
If you are happy with your B&K ST-140, stay with B&K. DO you have an estimated cost to have the caps replaced in these units?

About $250 and that includes installing a new, longer power cord. The current cord is fine, however, it's about 4 inches too short. The repair person suggested doing all caps at same time. One of the caps is "swelling" a little.