Bower and Wilkins and its relationship with Classe and Rotel

Just learned recently that B&W own's Classe and Rotel. Being that their affiliated in some way do you think B&W sounds best when coupled with the two brands?
macandtosh
that’s right - Classe became part of B&W in 2001 while ROTEL became part of B&W back in 1981. Just FYI - ROTEL is a Taiwanese brand. It was founded in Taiwan in 1957 & the founder soon after that moved to Japan.
I’ve not heard B&W + ROTEL but I’ve heard B&W + Classe at the RMAF shows & I can say that the B&W sound horrible with Classe. The sound is etched, screechy, bright, brittle, metallic. B&W is a very hard speaker to like to begin with & pairing it with a Classe amp was a bad idea in my opinion.
I used to own a B&W pair & drove it with a Symphonic Line power amp & the sonics were pretty good. I also had a friend own a 802N & 802D pair & he also drove it with a Symphonic Line power amp to very good effect. The issue w/ B&W is that if you pair it w/ the wrong sort of amp, the sonics can degrade rapidly.
There is much written about B&W & its sonics - just troll the Audiogon archives & you will find many answers to your question. ;-)
No, I do not think so. The odds are 50/50  that any other particular component/set of components will sound superior in comparison, given that you are not working against your purposes in selecting an amp which is appropriate to the application. The odds are strongly in favor of some brands/components outperforming these others, and vice versa. That's the nature of the game; it's whether you can find the pairings which are superior to your ears that counts.

Having said that, I would presume one could theoretically build a fine rig with the Classe products and B&W. But anyone who wishes to convince you that these are beyond doubt the best pairing is either ignorant or selling you something - unless, perhaps, they have tried half a dozen to one dozen different amps and found these superior. Then they may have a basis for suggesting the combo is preferable.  It is not uncommon for products which are supposed to have high synergy to be outperformed by a different mix of gear. Look more for absolute sound quality in a component and less for brand affiliation. 

This is not to diminish either of those brands; you must assess whether their sonic character and price is appropriate to your needs. If those are the brand of speakers you like, try to hear as many of those speakers with as many different amps as you can. 
Bombaywalla
B&W is a very hard speaker to like to begin with & pairing it with a Classe amp was a bad idea in my opinion.

@ bombaywalla

They can be if not set up right. This is after all about setup and the sum of all the parts. Unfortunately the forums never seem to discuss the basics of how a certain brand of speaker is designed, and room interactions. For example some do not realize that B&W 800 series speakers are voiced in an anechoic chamber.

Click here

http://blog.bowers-wilkins.com/sound-lab/tools-of-the-trade-the-anechoic-chamber/

and their drivers are voiced to be aligned (come into focus together) after a specific distance.

For example again;

The 802d series speakers (very popular in homes and recording studios), you need to be sitting at least 9 feet 10 inches away for their drivers to be aligned. (coherent)

Bombaywalla your AudioGon moniker shows the maxwell tape guy listening to speakers a few feet away. This is not possible with B&W 800 series. :^) Well that’s not right. You can do it. But it is not what these speakers were designed for. So you can make something work, or you can make something work well.

How many dealers tell customers this ^^^ information. or are they even aware of it, as it is not clear in the owners manual. 

@ OP macandtosh

+1 to what DS said about different brand amplifiers.