Losing out

I'm a little ticked.  Was having a good convo with a seller and was afforded the opportunity to respond/commit to buy by the end of the day.  I did.  Lo and behold.  Sold to another.  Wasn't given a courtesy heads up that an offer had come in even though I was within the time frame noted.   Am I wrong to be irritated?  I don't operate that way.  Even with people I don't know I do the right thing.  Don't believe the right thing was done today by a highly graded seller.  
drpat
You stated that you would notify the seller by the EOD if you were going to purchase it, but you did not state if the seller would commit to hold it for you or give you the right of first refusal.
You Snooze - You lose.

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” Hunter S. Thompson

As stated people I get it.  Sorry for the mini vent.  Perhaps I am "ticked" at myself.  Though I still wonder about that 14 hour gap.  Surely it afforded time to alert me that another player was involved.  When I placed the offer it was still open for sale.  No buy it now option.  That is what perplexes me.  Again, life goes on.
The good news if you keep looking here daily it is very likely to find another of the same product:)
These things happen, it's a jungle out there, and there are no rules of engagement. I have had sellers and buyers back out on their word to me.
Money talks, bullshit walks.

That said, if it were me, I probably would have given you the heads up, hoping to start a bidding war over my wares. Though if someone else did just hit the "Buy it Now" button, then maybe he had no choice.

As @gshepardbuster says: The good news if you keep looking here daily it is very likely to find another of the same product:)