Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

Well, let me know when you switch to all-Transparent cablng oblgny.

Happy Listening!

Going to Audio Den now...just around the corner from me house. 

Speaker cables are The Wave, I believe they're the least expensive from Transparent but I like them. They're 10 footers although 8 would have sufficed, bananas on both ends.  I have to check on the status of my BAT 3ki pre amp there anyway since my guy there is fixing a busted toggle switch on it. Probably going to buy a complete set of new tubes as well since I don't know the age of the ones currently installed.  
Damn...the store only had one pair of Transparent Link interconnects in stock.  I ordered three more pairs,  and I may have to purchase a few pair of balanced cables since the BAT has those as well.

Since Transparent offers a trade up program on their cables I'm starting with their least expensive models.  I'm finding that the Wave speaker cables seem to be the best match with my Thiel CS3.5's.  Where other cables such as Anti-Cables,  Goertz delivered some pretty acceptable sonics,  the Transparents seem to bring out the widest range without suffering from accentuating any particular frequency range.  

Dare I say that I find the Thiels to be the most neutral sounding speaker I've owned, and as I've stated before, "Thiels reveal" - anything in the chain that colors the sonics is soon enough found out.  Not that coloring sonics is a bad thing,  all equipment does that no matter the manufacturer.  I know that a few members here and elsewhere find Thiels to be on the bright side,  and they can be for some,  but I've tossed a good many amp/pre-amp combos into my system the last year and a half and the one constant is the Thiels.  They just make almost anything sound good.  Some sound different,  but all sounded good.

oblgny good strategy starting at the entry level for transparent cables.  That is the best way to find the sweet spot in the line, and being a long time Thiel owner I have proven to myself over and over you do not need reference wire to make your Thiels sing better than most.

Keep us updated on your journey.