klipschorns, they kick ass for sure

hello folks.   for those out there that think the big klipschorn's are not good enough to be a high end quality speaker, guess what??   your wrong!!   I have been in audio for over 40 years. I have heard many speaker systems over the years. I have very good speakers now in my home. I have good equipment running them.  I picked up a pair of k-horns last week.  1986 model year.  replaced the crossovers with crites xovers.  one tweeter blown.  replaced both with ct120 tweeters from crites. hooked them up to my parasound  3500 amp ( yes, way overkill  )  but I wasent in the mood to move it.  speakers placed where they are supposed to be in the corners of the room.  well let me tell you all it took was 2 minutes to decide these things are the bomb.  I dident hear any of the stuff I been reading about over the last 30 years how these speakers are harsh, no good bass and everything else everybody says about them.  as far as im concerned they are clean, clear, crisp, and loud. did I say loud.  volume starts a 7 o'clock,  at 9 o'clock  your ears start to bleed.  I guess the 350 watts into a speaker that only needs 20 will do that.  and all the stuff I hear about  ss amps these speakers don't like.  only 30 watt tube amps will do or you will hear all kinds of noise.  well, all I can say is bull crap to that.  what I here is a speaker sounding better then just about anything else I ever heard.  I played rock,jazz,classical,  all passed with flying color's. all I can say is you guys out there that think they suck. have your ears cleaned out and go listen again.  yes, the 350 watt power house is going to go before I blow everything up. 
tomtab

Very nice speakers. With the right room and system, these like many others will definitely sing.  Not many people have dedicated corners, but they still sound wonderful and look great.  They are still being manufactured for a reason.

Horns are very difficult.  One definitely needs very clean power amps as these horn speakers will surely reveal the slightest system flaw.  Which, I believe many people that didn't like them actually heard.  System matching is critical.

I would say that of all the audio equipment manufactured, speakers and speaker manufacturers have come and gone more than any other. Not Klipsh or these speakers. They are still here.  That does say something.

What I have difficulty understanding is why would some one post a negative response to the OP's post?  If you don't like them, fine.  Why say anything?  The OP listed his views regarding the speakers.  Why attack him?  Also, I believe thicker skins are needed.  No way did the OP insult anyone. 

This is the major reason why high end audio and especially discussions on forums like this are feared by many.  They get attacked for no good reason. 

One of the things I have learned in my years is that, there is more than one right.  Many people feel that because they are "right", no one else can be also.  That isn't true at all.

If the system and music makes you smile and enjoy life for just a little while, then more power to you.  enjoy it.  I have very fond memories of those speakers.  I heard them a few years ago after decades and still found them very nice. 

Heck, I remember the Thiel Type A speakers my Uncle had a long time ago with Carver (yes Carver) electronics and smile when I think of them.

Be nice. Life is too short for negativity. 

enjoy

A few things.IMO Klipsch has been around and still going because they are not on the cutting edge. It's because they make a lot of low end junk guessing for the bottom line and  there are buyers who still think  Bose  is high end along with B&W.Name recognition alone...now as far as bashing this original poster his comments came off like he's the know it all on speakers telling us who think or actually know they suck to go clean our ears out...and these are the best he's ever heard..rubbish..Such comments should be addressed. Like I said if this is the best he's heard or owned good for him.....but there are some who know his posting is...well you fill in the blank 
well,  I guess everybody is not as fortunate as missioncoonery is to hear $100,000 speakers.   im very sorry that my mediocre speakers are not up to his standards.  40 years ago if we had a 25 watt receiver and a $200 pair of speakers we were happy.  now i guess we have to have the best of everything to be happy.  and what the hell is wrong with me saying they are one of the best speakers i heard!!!!!    nothing is wrong with it.  i guess if someone dosent like your speakers and think they are junk how dare they.   well i dont know what kind of speakers you have but i can tell you one thing--- I DONT LIKE THEM,THEY SUCK..  so I just addressed your comments.  I can give it as good as anyone so keep it up.