ELP was my favorite group in high school and I managed to see them twice at Cobo Hall in Detroit. What a concert they put on, Keith was a stupendous performer. Carl and Greg did a fine job too. I still have the programs from both concerts, something I did not do for any other concerts back then. ELP was almost totally responsible for me "discovering" classical music, something that was never played in my household. Man, will he be missed ...

Listening to Trilogy now. Wish I could find my copy of Brain Salad Surgery, but can't seem locate it. I think I'll order a new one......

RIP Keith. I hope you are at Peace.
I will always remember his amazing hi tech "synthesizer ". Truly original and amazing. I was just commenting in an earlier post regarding his band mates talents on percussion.

R.I.P

N
What a talented musician he was, I have been a fan for years and had a tremendous appreciation for his music. It seems like we are losing the greats to often here lately. If anything, I am feeling older.

I hope his family has plenty of support at this time and may he rest in eternal peace.

I loved the guy. He and ELP got me into music on a level I hadn't experienced before. Heck, I liked ELP long before I got into the Beatles.  Keith Emerson led me to (then) Walter Carlos which led me to love classical. I never got enough of them. 

So sad to hear about how he may have gone.

All the best,
Nonoise