What a talented musician he was, I have been a fan for years and had a tremendous appreciation for his music. It seems like we are losing the greats to often here lately. If anything, I am feeling older.

I hope his family has plenty of support at this time and may he rest in eternal peace.

I loved the guy. He and ELP got me into music on a level I hadn't experienced before. Heck, I liked ELP long before I got into the Beatles.  Keith Emerson led me to (then) Walter Carlos which led me to love classical. I never got enough of them. 

So sad to hear about how he may have gone.

All the best,
Nonoise

Keith Emerson turned the keyboard to the main instrument, no-one before him couldn´t do that. He became the master of the Hammond and Moog, the mightiest player of them all. He took symphonic classical music to another level, he made classical to rock´n´roll. "Pictures at an Exhibition" (March 1971) is a live recording rock version from Modest Mussorsky´s symphony, its Blue Variations section adds extra drama to this quite incredible performance of a simple rock group. 

I will play Intermezzo from Karelia (Sibelius) and Jerusalem in his memory.

Keith, after all your work there´s no more pain, now you have peace.
Thank you for the music. 
Post removed