klipschorns, they kick ass for sure

hello folks.   for those out there that think the big klipschorn's are not good enough to be a high end quality speaker, guess what??   your wrong!!   I have been in audio for over 40 years. I have heard many speaker systems over the years. I have very good speakers now in my home. I have good equipment running them.  I picked up a pair of k-horns last week.  1986 model year.  replaced the crossovers with crites xovers.  one tweeter blown.  replaced both with ct120 tweeters from crites. hooked them up to my parasound  3500 amp ( yes, way overkill  )  but I wasent in the mood to move it.  speakers placed where they are supposed to be in the corners of the room.  well let me tell you all it took was 2 minutes to decide these things are the bomb.  I dident hear any of the stuff I been reading about over the last 30 years how these speakers are harsh, no good bass and everything else everybody says about them.  as far as im concerned they are clean, clear, crisp, and loud. did I say loud.  volume starts a 7 o'clock,  at 9 o'clock  your ears start to bleed.  I guess the 350 watts into a speaker that only needs 20 will do that.  and all the stuff I hear about  ss amps these speakers don't like.  only 30 watt tube amps will do or you will hear all kinds of noise.  well, all I can say is bull crap to that.  what I here is a speaker sounding better then just about anything else I ever heard.  I played rock,jazz,classical,  all passed with flying color's. all I can say is you guys out there that think they suck. have your ears cleaned out and go listen again.  yes, the 350 watt power house is going to go before I blow everything up. 
tomtab
Tomtab, I'm glad you like the speakers, I think you may not have meant to but pushed people off the track with the clean out your ears commentary.  People love to get excited and defensive. I get what you are saying and I think its informative. 
I've heard many speakers in my time -- including many systems costing way over $100,000. I'm not one that hasn't been around when it comes to audio systems -- I'm no novice.  I own Klipschorns and had considered making speaker "upgrades" at one point.  Fortunately, I had an epiphany before I replaced those wonderful Klipschorns.  I was able to acquire some quality tube amplificiation and the difference was astounding.  Granted, there are some high-end solid-state amplifiers that do quite well (I used to use Jeff Rowland), but the tubes just took it to another level.  Single Ended Triodes can be magical with Klipschorns.  Long story short, system synergy is very important and when you get it right with Klipschorns, they're among the very best. The great thing about this combination is that I'm now listening to the music and not the system.  Thanks to this setup, I'm enjoying music more than I ever have before.  I get a huge smile every time I power it up and am always amazed at just how good it sounds.  This is the first time I've never had the desire to upgrade at least something!  What is great for me is that I am getting such amazing sound for such (relatively) little financial outlay. There are many consumers that believe performance is proportional to dollars spent.  There are also those that want expensive things simply for others to see it. Vendors are of course aware and there are many available to take advantage of those situations -- in audio as well as other products.

P.S. Regarding the size of the speaker, if you have the corners for them they actually take up less space than most other speakers.   Consider speakers that you have to pull out away from the wall -- it's not just the footprint. Klipschorns tuck into corners nicely and are out of the way.  Visually, they're still big!
yes,,, the remark about cleaning your ears out was a poor choice. its not me and I would not use that term again.  but the good news now is that i found out there are a ton of used speakers on the market that just simply blow the khorns away in every possible way. so im going to get rid of them and start looking for one of them!!!.  then i will have a speaker like my peers.  and live happily ever after.
...then i will have a speaker like my peers. and live happily ever after.

Why the sarcasm brother?  You found a pair of speakers that you like and from what I can glean from following this thread, there are more that agree with you than those who don't.  Yet your letting the few that don't get to you.

Personally Klipsch are not my cup of tea either and I would never have them.  But that doesn't mean I don't respect your right to have and like them.  Speakers are highly subjective.  Live happily ever after with what you have - it's your system and you seem to have found the best  speaker for you.  Congrats and simply enjoy them.

Do I agree with that, I own all tube amps and two Bedini solid state amps....I have very fine Wilson, Watt 7, Wilson Sophia's, Wilson Cubs, Altec A-5's , Pro-Ac's (3 pairs) and I buy two Klipsch La Scala's and its all over.......Everything else is for sale.......I'm already looking for a pair of Belle Klipsch's..........All for the love of music !!!    Will