Jazz for aficionados

Jazz for aficionados

I'm going to review records in my collection, and you'll be able to decide if they're worthy of your collection. These records are what I consider "must haves" for any jazz aficionado, and would be found in their collections. I wont review any record that's not on CD, nor will I review any record if the CD is markedly inferior. Fortunately, I only found 1 case where the CD was markedly inferior to the record.

Our first album is "Moanin" by Art Blakey and The Jazz Messengers. We have Lee Morgan , trumpet; Benney Golson, tenor sax; Bobby Timmons, piano; Jymie merrit, bass; Art Blakey, drums.

The title tune "Moanin" is by Bobby Timmons, it conveys the emotion of the title like no other tune I've ever heard, even better than any words could ever convey. This music pictures a person whose down to his last nickel, and all he can do is "moan".

"Along Came Betty" is a tune by Benny Golson, it reminds me of a Betty I once knew. She was gorgeous with a jazzy personality, and she moved smooth and easy, just like this tune. Somebody find me a time machine! Maybe you knew a Betty.

While the rest of the music is just fine, those are my favorite tunes. Why don't you share your, "must have" jazz albums with us.

Enjoy the music.
orpheus10
Heroin has been coming from AFGHANISTAN since way before there was a United States.  What's your point.

I remember when the CIA was bringing crack into LA. hahahahahah
The even held guns to folks head and made them smoke crack.   I know I was outraged!!

Cheers
Well, gee, O-10, thanks so much for the kind words. Why you are intent on being unpleasant and disagreeable is a mystery to me. Pray tell, just what is "dumb" about what I commented on? I was responding to a comment from Alex about drug use in general, so what exactly is "dumb" about commenting on a related issue concerning marijuana use? Don’t flatter yourself thinking that I would bother "making" anything of what, apparently, you think are your many "mistakes". The problem here is that instead of using this forum as a way to discuss music and other issues you are after some sort of validation. Now, let’s have some fun and talk about dumb comments (yes, it’s come to this 😣) about a very sad topic:

Average cost of one dose of heroin: $15-20 (a serious habit: $150-200/day)
Average cost of a six pack of Budweiser in my area: about $7-8
Average cost of one marijuana joint: about $2-3

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj3bCXViNNM

***** Rok you would do much better no responding at all.*****

The Great Unwashed must be heard.

Cheers
***** Probably the greatest singer to ever live; imo, of course:*****

I notice you did not limit or put him a box, by putting an qualifier before the word 'singer', and you are absolutely correct not to do so.

Just think, this man changed Country Music.

Great performance.   Had never heard it before.

Thanks

Cheers