Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Hang in there- oblgny. It will be worth it.
I have always wanted to demo B.A.T. gear- whom has the best operation and showroom?
Jafant -

I will report on the marriage between Thiel and my Odyssey Stratos amp when I get home from vacation and hook these puppies up. They need to sound good before I cut holes in my walls.

Cables are as follows :

internconnects by The Music Cable, using the Yellow model, and my review from 2002 is available here. These have been stored sin sealed ziplock bags since 2007, brought back into action about 2 months ago when I hooked up the Stratos in my living room.

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/review-the-music-cable-yellow-interconnect-interconnect

Speaker cable is 14 gauge, available at big box store brand cable that my contractor ran through the walls - no idea on the brand. 

Source connects are rocket fish HDMI a from blue ray player and X1 cable box, media server via wired Ethernet cable.

Not much else to report until I can run some power though these speakers... Not likely until Tuesday. 

- Dan

So I received the speakers. They are a little beat up - not sure how to handle that, sent an email to the seller - but I hooked them up and I've got to say they sound fantastic with the Odyssey Stratos amp. My Odyssey is an HT-3 with a cap upgrade for reference. 

Anyway, sound is extremely detailed. They are replacing Acoustic Energy Aegis speakers, Compacts for right and left and the Aegis Center. 

Surrounds are Canton Plus X speakers. 

Dialogue is is crystal clear for movies/TV. Playing Force Awakens right now and it's close to perfect dialogue. Had to turn down my sub, as the Thiels are slightly harder to drive than the Acoustic Energy speakers. No nasal dialogue, and the speakers are seriously dynamic. Easy to hear at low volume, no ability to crank them up due to sleeping family. 

Music is also excellent. Used to prefer multi-channel music mode. But now all that does is reveal the deficiencies in the Cantons. Yes, the Thiels are that much cleaner. They make the Cantons sound dark. I wouldn't call the Thiels bright in any way - just clean. If they are normally bright the Stratos is keeping them musical. 

Imaging is great. Can't tell where the speakers are even tho they are aimed slightly above my head (not installed in the wall, sitting on console table under the TV). 

Anyway, very pleased with the sound just unhappy they are cosmetically banged up...

Overall, I'd say great match with the Odyssey Stratos. I'll try to hook them up to my parasound 1206 and compare them to the MK's hooked up in the basement. 

- Dan
Many Thanks! Dan for your contribution to this thread.
Thiel will image like no other. Detail and resolution are abundant as well.

Another attribute- very clean. Some will confuse this aspect w/ forward and/or bright. I suppose that if fed the wrong source or component the presentation could be bright.  At any rate, this could be tamed w/ a tubed pre-amp or amp.  My fave combo is a tubed pre-amp and solid state power amp.  Most important of all, carefully selecting cables/power cords.