Cerious Technologies NEW Graphene Cables

Now, this is not a advertisement, just a posting sharing my experience on some well made great sounding cables at a very reasonable price. Besides, I don't think Cerious Technologies is set up for a big influx of cable orders.

But, if you get the chance to try these cables, please do.

I have been interested in the newer cables coming out that are using Graphene as a conductor. SR cables seemed interesting, but I always hated the way there cables had all those extra wires (with the active shields and such). I then noticed an ad early in I think November or December from Cerious Technologies for Graphene cables. I investigated how the cables were assembled and it seemed like quite a laborious process.

I ordered (with a 30 day money back guarantee) the balanced Graphene interconnects, and boy did they impress me. Such depth, soundstage, realism, frequency smoothness, effortless sound. I was truly impressed!  I now have a complete loom of the Cerious Technologies Graphene cables. That is; interconnects, speaker cables, digital cables and power cords.

I ended up selling all of my other cables and to those of you who have read my postings know that cables have always been my curiosity.

So, as I began this post, let me again iterate, I have no alliance to the company, my posting is for those of you looking for an great alternate high quality Graphene made cable without spending a fortune.

128x128ozzy
I have not seen any advertisement of anyone using graphene in audio products for its noise shielding capabilities.  Conductivity in general seems to be the attraction.

Also no mention so far I can find of its use in wires for audio or any other purpose other than vendor marketing literature.

Main projected use in electronics appears to be use in semi-conductors and other apps where its apparent power delivery limitations are not a factor.

Still it is an interesting proposition to use more highly conductive materials in traditional applications. Time will tell. Almost all marketing claims alone can be taken with at least one grain of salt.

This is an interesting product as described nonetheless. Would love to be able to give a test run if not too expensive. I can see where its mixed use with other more traditional materials capable of delivering power and current needed might reap some benefit but not sure . Use of graphene in actual applications today seems to be on the rise but I wonder how cost prohibitive it might be for many apps still. High end audio is always ripe marketing ground for these things regardless.

mapman, thanks for your posting. I wonder how the SR cables are made? They claim to use graphene in there design, albeit at much higher prices.

geoffkait, You may be right, I just don't know, sorry.

I do have to give Bob Grost from Cerious Technologies credit for thinking outside the box in his approach to making cables.

I will also add that I had the Bybee Signal Enhancers sitting on top of my previous speaker cables. But, with these new Graphene Extremes the Bybee's sort of took away some of the sound quality, so I removed them. There must be some interaction between the Bybee's design and the Graphene Extremes. Very interesting...

Ozzy,

how does the Cerious power cords stack up against the Mad Scientist PC? I remember your review of the NEO was quite enthusiastic.

Lance

lancelock, The NEO is again one of those cable makers that think outside the box. But, I ended up selling most of them. I prefer to have a complete set of the same cables. Even my highly regarded HiDiamond cables couldn't compete.
The actual making of Graphene and even the cost is not really an issue. Anyone can do it. It’s the app-li-ca-tion that’s the difficult part to come up with. Kinda like quantum dots, if I may be so bold.