Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
UGH! Due to a pocket door, there isn't enough room to mount the Powerplane 1.2 on the right side of my TV!

So it's 1 of 3 options:

1. Build a nice looking box around them and hang them on the wall;
2. Install them all horizontally in a row below the TV (it's a 65" so they would be mostly spread out...)
3. Sell them.

I guess I could use them in my bedroom, but that's overkill on my budget, especially when I have 2 and a half extra HT speaker systems I can use in the bedroom...

What do you guys think? I can get new grills for $40 a piece, and there are 2 very tiny (undisclosed ) chips on the speakers edges that won't be visible when installed.

Time to research on-wall options?

- Dan
Jafant,

I like you comment :
"Another attribute- very clean. Some will confuse this aspect w/ forward and/or bright. I suppose that if fed the wrong source or component the presentation could be bright. At any rate, this could be tamed w/ a tubed pre-amp or amp. My fave combo is a tubed pre-amp and solid state power amp. Most important of all, carefully selecting cables/power cords."

I have been experimenting with cables and getting some decent results, but difficult to try without purchase. My question is about tubes. I am operating a surround system with Thiels and the only tube prepro I saw was cj that doesn't do decoding. I was thinking of possibly Cary Cinema, but wanted to know if anyone had other suggestions? What are your thoughts on 5 channel. I still currently get good two channel with my set up and would like to stay multiple channeled.

Good Day robinbarbour-

I am a big fan of CJ gear as well.  Did you check out the MET-1 ?

This is CJ's attempt at surround sound- 5.1 to be exact. Yes, I have read excellent comments on  Cary Cinema.  Personally, I am a "stereo" guy, 2-channel only.  Once one steps outside of this and goes into a more complicated configuration, 5.1 or 7.1, much thought/planning must be sorted out. I have auditioned both good and poor HT set-ups over the years.  In a 5-channel system, it all starts with the room or listening space.

Jafant...
I stopped by the store yesterday and will be picking it up Thursday.  Aaaaargh!  Great folks at Audio Den here in Lake Grove but thankfully they really take care of me.   I also checked out a pair of Maggie 1.7i's just for the hell of it.  (I like Maggie's, too)  Oddly I preferred the smaller and less expensive .7's.  The owner said he had a pair of used Thiels downstairs and when I pick up the BAT I'm going to ask which models they are...of course!   I almost had a pair of CS3.6 from this site but offered $1100...I think they went for $1200..

Good to read- oblgny

which Thiel speakers do you own? What other gear is in your system (including cabling)?  Happy Listening!