Help! My system is very bright it hurts my ear

Anyone..help...Here is my system listed...I'm new to audio...cd is raysonic 128 with 2 amperex gold pin 2 EH (6922)...golden audio se40 with 6 of JJ 6l6gc..Macintosh c40 pre.amp..new Aragon 8008...n pair with quad 22l2..here is the hook up, I hook up golden audio to high n mid and hook up Aragon for base...I have tried different speaker like Gallo 3.1 n monitor s8i but still too bright..is just too bright...any help please?????  Oh..forgot the system is in living room with 20' ceiling, could it be acoustic issue or pair issue, tube, amp, speaker....help please?????
fatgosil
I know my quad 22l2 is kinda bright....I was thinking buy a new pair of the new elac uf5...any comment...or should I...pretty good rating n review
... didn't see anything about how far away from the speakers you are listening... are speakers tilted in/focused on listener?... are speakers level or tilted up/down?, and level side to side? is this brightness when you are sitting ( what is your ear height in relation to the tweeter height?), standing, moving around in the room - or at all times? When sitting - is there anything behind you or is it open?... I don't think your problem is an equipment issue (except for the weirdness of the bi-amping with your speakers) since you've done some swap-outs...
Fatgosil, did you say your room is 20' X 60' with 20' ceilings and bare walls and floors?  Wow--your room is an echo chamber.  Can you partition off a smaller listening area?  

i had the same problem in my room , what helped with my bass and less harshness was to not hook up the speakers to the highs , or by amp , but to use the bottom terminals