Proac D48R

Proac owners, I need advice for a integrated amp for the Proac D48Rs. I listen mostly to classic rock an jazz. My budget is 5k new or used market.
128x128heinrichmilw
Perhaps the best midrange I've ever heard with the utmost refinement.  There is a review on line that refers to the 20r as the Baroque speaker.  I'll try and locate it for you.  I only sold mine because I was looking for more well defined bass and an ability to unravel complex passages as I sometimes listen to large scale classical and fusion.  As they say, you can't have it all unless you're willing to spend major bucks.  I've since gained more drive and speed with my Tannoys, but have lost out on that emotional Proac midrange.  It seems I've unfinished business with Proacs.  I most likely will get a pair of Response d2 in the future with a tube integrated.  The sweet spot seems to be the Proac d30r as it has a different driver than the 20r.  Carbon fiber as opposed to glass fiber.  More well defined bass.  There is just something about the Proacs that has me hooked.  We'll see.  Regards.........

Yes, I have read that review about ProAc 20R as the Baroque loudspeaker. But there was another audiogoner who was trying to sell his D30R because it seemed to lack the bass. Take a aook at erikminer's system. He has those speakers. The D48R seem to have 4 ohm nominal impedance Vs 8 ohms that I would prefer, my system having a passive preamp.
Yes, I saw his system.  I believe he sold them.  The Proacs are known for their natural sound and outstanding midrange.  As you have mentioned and based on my experience, bass is not their strongest quality.  Perhaps the d40r and new d48r have that bass.  I've read that older model Proacs had good bass, albeit lower sensitivity.  Regards........

I have always liked them.  Got to meet Stewart Tyler many years ago and had a great talk.  His speakers to me always were known for captivating  midrange and just disappearing.  I always felt the bass wasn't big no mater what size speaker they had.  

There are plenty of great solid state amps these days.  The thing is that the cost of Proacs aren't in the ridiculous range, so why use a 15k amp with them?  I heard them with a pair of Jadis many years ago that I was looking into getting and it was awesome.  I used my Studio Towers with an Ayre AX7e for nearly a year.  I almost didn't even bother changing speakers.  That was a  really nice sound to say the least.  
Check into the Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP.  It is an absolutely killer amp..... (bested my VAC Sigma 160i) and within your price range.