thanks to Audiogon

Good evening. I’m still new to Audiogon and have yet to make any deals here but in the future I won’t hesitate to strike a good one up. I took delivery of a package this afternoon instead of taking a long drive I went ahead and trusted someone from *****’s list and may of gotten burned. I’m not naive but the guy sounded honest and all that, and it was’t a large transaction. Any more and a red light would of went on. Seller said low mileage and works perfectly which appears to be true its a solid 10 for looks, so is remote (in fact its still in plastic). A 10 in looks but a big fat 0 in performance its malfunctioning. Maybe its just a sign to say I’m starting to have too many Marantz disc player’s already. They do seem to be becoming a bit of an audio video weakness for me.

I would not of started a new topic to give thanks more that I was itching to ask if someone might have a loose diagnosis for symptoms. It powers up seeming like business as usual it accepts the shiny little disc then makes some usual subtle internal sounds after it closes announcing its wakening to do some work. instead of going to work the sounds pause then it suddenly spits the CD back out. Ive tried a few different ones, production wise and burns. Same result it spits them all back out.
meerzistar
In the day you could talk to moderators , now you can not in ANY way !
It is hard to tell a thief by telepathy without anything to go on like neg-feedback. 
Some would say its impossible .
I have earned every one of my 850+ 100% positive feedback here.  14 years and i make sure every buyer is happy. Of course that means I do Post honestly rate correctly and provide real information about the items i am selling.  Reading the content of feedback commentary is also very helpful.
I have a Marantz player that occasionally spits out discs when it's first powered up. In addition to the above suggestion to turn it off, wait a minute, and then turn it back on - here are some other things:

1. Close the drawer with the remote, and if it pops back out, use the button on the faceplate.

2. Push "Play" instead of Close on the remote. If that's what you were doing anyway, push Close first and then Play in rapid succession. 

3. Push the tray in with your hand (gently!) - about halfway in, the motor should take over and lock it in place

Once the disc stays in, the display should show the number of tracks, and the remaining time. 

These are tricks I use with the CD67 SE, which is an old model. Usually once you get it to work, it'll work fine from there out...until the next time. 
I dont see it as "getting burned" as I have done very well on 2nd ownership audio during the past year. Im on vacation ill try some of those suggestions when I return. Much appreciated.
I'm calling out this poster. He's new, has a weird problem, "low mileage"?........"on vacation and can't respond"? Sorry but this all sounds bogus to me. It's amazing what people will do on the internet.