Who has tried "TIDAL" vs other streaming applications?

Hello, I'm new to Audiogon, this is my first posting into Forums.

I enjoy streaming audio from my PC and have been using Spotify for a number of years now (college student discount to premium $5 a month). I just recently stumbled upon a App called TIDAL, that streams Lossless 16/44.1FLAC with their "HI-FI" subscription (Student $10 a month). Since I can queue up Spotify and Tidal at the same time, I was able to do an A/B and used Dire Straits Brothers in Arms. I noticed that TIDAL indeed sounds better to me but am convinced none of my family members could tell a difference. I then did an A/B with TIDAL and the actual Brothers in Arms CD, to my surprise TIDAL sounded scary close, if not just as good as the CD! This is hard for me to believe, I think I'm just trying to justify the extra cost of TIDAL on a crazy tight student budget, maybe its a placebo effect? I need to drop one of the services, but which one? I would appreciate your thoughts please... Thank you!
My system:
PC = Gaming Rig I built myself, using dedicated high quality audio card.
Krell KAV 400xi integrated
Sonus Faber Electa's with Sunfire HRS Sub
Cambridge AZUR 840C CDP/DAC
Luxman T117 Tuner
Sony SCD - C2000ES SACD Player
Kimber Silver Streak throughout  

grm
Chubaka - you need a DAC (digital analog converter).  Toslink from computer to DAC.  RCA (or XLR) from DAC to pre-amp or amp.
I am no expert on computer audio. Neal at Sound Science helped me and I would call him. Yes Roon works wireless or wired. Roon combines your ripped music files with Tidal so you see both! Call Neal as he is the man!
Have been listening to Tidal for two months now, and here’s is what I’ve observed; Tidal is like another key component in the audio chain. On the best recordings it is nearly indistinguishable from the best vinyl. On the worst recordings it is just as unlistenable as the worst of any sources. The key seems to be the quality of the original recording from which Tidal digital recordings were converted. Additionally, the best sound I’ve observed with Tidal thus far is AirPlaying the Tidal app from iPad to Apple TV, then to my Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC via Toslink. Again, with this setup, the best Tidal recordings are stunning. Very much worth the $20 monthly subscription.

I'd let them shut off the water before I'd give up Tidal. 

My skeptiscim about streaming overall reached its zenith with the Apple Music debacle and I don't remember how I waltzed into the free month of Tidal, but less than a year later it is solidly 50% of my total source consumption and growing. I send from iPad or iPhone to AE then Toslink to Rega DAC-R.