Hype, Hyperbole and high price!

Okay, I understand that this site has to make money by having advertisers, but cheese and crackers, the claims that are made are just laughable if not down right criminal!  Before I attended an engineering university I too was duped into buying expensive wires and such.  Now, armed with an engineering and physics background, I can see through the BS claims made.  I try and not let it get in the way of my enjoyment of good quality stereo equipment, but when a salesman tries to sell me something based on testimonials, hype and hyperbole, I tell him politely my background and then ask him a series of questions which leaves him dumbfounded. 

Such crap as directional wires - (I used to work for both Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman) and trust me, if we had to test the miles of wires for directionality in every piece of equipment built...well you get the gist.

I have friends that are audio snobs and although they argue with me (Basically buyer's remorse) they know that what I say is true and end the conversation.  Oh well, I suppose I will continue to get a headache when I read said claims.

Sigh!
128x128kenny928
Kenny928 wrote,

"BTW, I write and speak for a living, hence the unfamiliar pattern of writing."

Oh, it's not unfamiliar. It's very familiar.

kenny928, now that I have read through this thread it seems apparent that your original post was completely disingenuous and simply meant to be inflammatory. You do indeed appear to be an audio snob but your own variety. You seem to think that others are idiots for paying their hard earned money for things that you have found a way to try for free or reduced prices.
Almost every post is a demonstration of why you feel superior to the other posting members here. Just what is it that makes you think you are the only one here who has served their country? I have to live with the effects of my service every day but I don't go around rubbing every ones nose in it to show that I feel superior for it. Many thousands have served both before and after you so that YOU have the right to spew your superior nonsense on this forum.
You seem to think that everyone should bow to your obvious superiority and when they don't you resort to trying to demean them and make them appear unpatriotic. I don't know anyone in the Armed Services who talks the way you do. We all have pride in upholding an ideal of freedom and liberty for all, not just those who have served.
I'm not adding to the pile-on; in fact, I wrote a even tempered post above, with a question to the OP- I'd be interested in an answer since it seems like it got lost in the sniping. 
geared 4me- You missed my point completely, I was just pointing out that the industry is flawed and unless we as consumers put an end to it it will continue.  Superiority?  I highly doubt that, I come from very humble beginnings and when attacked by people who misinterpret I fall back on my service and the freedoms that we as proud Americans are afforded.  Everyone has an opinion and not once do I ask anyone to bow to my so called superiority.  BTW, I did not start by demeaning anyone but rather resorted to a retort due to being attacked for my views on the obvious.  If that offends you, then so be it, you are so entitled to your opinion.  If you cannot recognize the problems in this industry and the misrepresentation that abounds, I truly feel sorry for you as it will continue.  I was forewarned that this topic would spark disdain and comments, but I for one will not go through life taking a marketer's flowery description based on flawed science.