help choosing cable pc to dac.

I would like to stream audio from windows 10 pc.I am concerned with the limitations of the pc source.How far should I go up the cable chain ? 18ft run of 3.5mm to rca to dac.I want a good signal without added noise but don't want to waste money either.Can anyone share their experience or make recommendations.?RW
128x128rickw062
So much for a single adapter as it is only avail. as mono.I won't be going through my dac now.Had to go pc to pre.Basic sound without emotion.It will require a dac to shine.My BAT pre shows just how limited my pc is.I have an all in 1. It does not offer any rca outs for external speakers.It has been interesting trying stuff out though.The sound is ok for chopping veggies as is casual listening.Guess i'll get a dac .Dragonfly red should better the signal.This is only an alternant for a tuner that gets limited stations with dropouts and signals that arrive only at certain times of day.At least I still get music.RW
Was the v link and lengthy digital RCA cable out of budget?  Unless I missed something, you could go USB out, translate into SPDIF, and into the coax input on your DAC. Couple hundred bucks, problem solved!
Just had both hips replaced on 4/11.Waiting on bill before i go nuts on toys.Have to balance audio addiction and marriage.I would have went all out otherwise.Besides it was fun digging through my acumulation of stuff since the 70s.This is how I'm spending my 8 wks. off.$ to go.RW