best integrated amp.

I'm thinking about buying a new integrated in the 5k to 7k range. My main speakers are Maggie 1.7s.Any suggestions?
g11657
My Hegel is full and sounds alive. Speakers make a big difference on conveying  how an amp sounds!!!

No blanket statements here. Proper matching is critical.
If you could find a used Accuphase E-470, it would be "game over".  They don't come up very often but well worth the wait and could be acquired for around $7,000 or so. 

Luxman L-590AX is a great Class A amp but I am not sure what the Maggies need for power.

PrimaLuna is a awesome value as well.
g11657 -
Someone might have already suggested this (I did not read every word of all the preceding replies to your request):

Why not search Virtual Systems and see what integrateds others with Magneplanar 1.7s are using?

I think "best" is impossible to specify - even if there’s a universally recognized perfect-match-integrated-amp for the 1.7s. Your source equipment, wire, room and ears are going to influence the final sound.

I’d be looking at the Virtual Systems and then reviews of the Maggies to understand their "needs" and finally amp specs to see what equipment has the needed qualifications (though I realize numbers can’t tell the whole story). Apologies if this is all entry level and old news to you. I don’t mean to patronize.

My view of audio today is that there is a WEALTH of great equipment available. Unless the Maggies are hard to drive, there's probably going to be more than one option that will work well with them. Of course, unless you are prepared to try various amps and do a lot of A/B testing, I think it will be tough to tell "good enough" from "best".

I’d also comment that my experience with a Hegel H200 differs from dave_b who characterized it as "detailed but lean and flat sounding". Running Totem Forests with it, I found it adequate but not wonderful...lacked some high end sparkle and, consequently, excitement, but certainly not lean or flat sounding.  Paired with Silverline Prelude Plus speakers however, the sound is wonderful. Nice extension of treble and a musical and exciting sound with great imaging. Not saying dave_b didn’t hear what he heard just that the combination is critical.

Don’t know that I’ve really added anything to the discussion. The idea of "best" does seem kind of illusory to me. Have fun. Hope the Modwright you are leaning towards works well for you.

True Toneranger...implementation is everything!  I use an MIT Oracle AC2 on my vanguard with the newest Oracle IC's and speaker cables plus my speakers are efficient high current capable designs (Krell )