Focal Sopra 2 Vs Wilson Sophia 3

If you have compared these two, what differences do you hear?  Strengths of each speaker?  Amps used and type of music played.

Thanks,

Jeff
128x128jglacken
In 2015 I did a lot of music audio system upgrades, including the purchase of a new pair of Focal Sopra No2's, after listening to a lot of speakers from different, well-respected manufacturers, including Wilson Audio.

At one of my audio dealer visits the salesman asked if I enjoy "analytic" speakers more than "musical" ones, or vice versa.  I thought it was an interesting question, after thinking for a bit "musical" was my choice.

I have never enjoyed Wilson's, to me they sound too "shrill", being driven by high-end tube or solid state.  Having said that, I think they are great speakers, just not the sort of sound I enjoy.

I've had my Sopra's now for about eight months and enjoy them immensely.  Once I got them broken in and "dialed in" to the room, they have the most incredible "artist in the room" sound stage, excellent detail in the mid and high frequencies, the bass they have is excellent as well (I have a pair of subs too).  I am one who gets the "hots" to try new equipment, but the Sopra's won't be on that list anytime soon.
Thanks for your input.  I listened to Magico S3s yesterday for 3 hours and thought they were very good but haven't gotten to the Sopras.
I listened to the Magico S3's with a Class D Front end for a good hour or so, was very nice. I liked the Sopra's much better with my Hegel H300, they dig deeper and sounded more musical to me. The Sopra's were better priced also. Have had them a few weeks now and the Sopra's get better everyday. Have about 50 hours on them now, cant wait to hear them with a hundred hours.
How much do you think the class D lowered the sound quality?  When I had them, they were kind of dry and uninvolving.  Now have class a 200w monos.
And, as you know your Hegel punches way above its pay grade on quality!