Jazz for aficionados

Jazz for aficionados

I'm going to review records in my collection, and you'll be able to decide if they're worthy of your collection. These records are what I consider "must haves" for any jazz aficionado, and would be found in their collections. I wont review any record that's not on CD, nor will I review any record if the CD is markedly inferior. Fortunately, I only found 1 case where the CD was markedly inferior to the record.

Our first album is "Moanin" by Art Blakey and The Jazz Messengers. We have Lee Morgan , trumpet; Benney Golson, tenor sax; Bobby Timmons, piano; Jymie merrit, bass; Art Blakey, drums.

The title tune "Moanin" is by Bobby Timmons, it conveys the emotion of the title like no other tune I've ever heard, even better than any words could ever convey. This music pictures a person whose down to his last nickel, and all he can do is "moan".

"Along Came Betty" is a tune by Benny Golson, it reminds me of a Betty I once knew. She was gorgeous with a jazzy personality, and she moved smooth and easy, just like this tune. Somebody find me a time machine! Maybe you knew a Betty.

While the rest of the music is just fine, those are my favorite tunes. Why don't you share your, "must have" jazz albums with us.

Enjoy the music.
orpheus10
I just read some of the most recent posts.  I had not read them before posting my most recent.  A couple of thoughts:

While I certainly have no issue with discussing any and all genres while any one genre is being discussed "in depth" (not!), I must say that my concerns are being borne out.  Iow, are we going to discuss fusion "in depth" or not?  There's an awful lot to listen to and discuss.  Are we moving on (back) to Coltrane and are we going to just "skim over" fusion.

O-10, you never cease to amaze me; or, should I say?....confuse me.  After all the recent comments that I have made about my distaste for political correctness you state that I am "always politically correct"? I could be "politically correct" and be patient with that comment or I could ask what I would normally ask which is "what planet do you live on?".  I will give your questions re "musical bounds" an honest answer when I have some time.  In the meantime, how about 1972 in Fusion?

Frogman, you were definitely suppose to overlook that post, after me making this post.

I'm glad the parade is back on track, and I'll give it top priority.

Enjoy the music.
frogman

Frogman, you have made it impossible to proceed with fusion, we have to go back to that post

Enjoy the music.
I have no clue what you are saying O-10, please clarify.  But, before you go about making any rash decisions (😱) please take a closer look at the most recent exchange and see who it was that first made a comment that turned things personal.  I will help you with better understanding all this, but if you are looking for an argument please look elsewhere.  1972 was a very very good year 😃.